ASP UP-CAMP Manila, through the mentoring of Mr. Ranil Sorongon and Ms. Carmel Almendrala of ASP National, was formally awarded a grant by the International Bazaar Foundation to execute their “Early Steps Project”. A formal awarding ceremony took place last 10 September 2013 at the Department of Foreign Affairs Building, along Roxas Boulevard in Manila.
“Early Steps Project” community-based rehabilitation project strengthens the chapter and empowers neighbors to take control over the therapy and education of children with autism, through:
- Provision of basic therapy and tutorials to children with autism, who belong to the economically challenged families in the City of Manila and nearby places.The International Bazaar is an annual event, led by the Diplomatic and Consular Corps and local concessionaires are sold. The IBF creates a global shopping experience for Filipinos; while providing services to local communities through the capital generated.
- Provision of information and skills to parents of children with autism and volunteers on how to manage children with autism.
- Provision of opportunity to the officers, members and volunteers of ASP UP-CAMP Manila to conduct basic therapy and education services for children with autism.
- Build a family support system where parents, siblings and CWAs who are part of the Chapter are inspired and motivated by their peers.
- Working together to acquire additional support from institutions and non-government organizations.