The Center for Excellence in Special Education (Stepping Stone) Foundation, Inc has developed a barista program for adults with autism, that aims to build the necessary skills for successful employment in the hospitality and food industries, offering a certification issued by Technical Education and Skills Development (TESDA). They have partnered with the Autism Society Philippines to offer the program to its members. The tuition fee for twenty (20) full-day sessions is eleven thousand two hundred pesos (P11,200) -- computed at P14,000 less 20 percent PWD discount.
If the trainee is interested in a full scholarship, the following terms and criteria apply.
1) Trainee (not the parents) must be an ASP member in good standing. He/She must have been formally diagnosed with autism by a competent professional, must have a PWD ID which attests to his/her disability and is at least 18 years old.
2) Trainee must be able to work independently in the classroom and in the kitchen (without parent or caregiver); and must be able to understand and execute based on verbal instruction. Any incidence of verbal or physical aggression shall be grounds for expulsion from the program.
3) Trainee must commit to attending twenty-five (25) full-day sessions at the Center for Excellence in Special Education (Stepping Stone) Foundation, Inc. – Sucat Campus at 8001 Del Carmen Street, Inside St. Rita Village, BF Homes, Sucat, Parañaque City. Tardiness and absence will mean expulsion from the program.
4) Trainee shall pay for the full cost of the program to Stepping Stone – in the event that he/she is expelled from the program for any reason. The payable amount is eleven thousand two hundred pesos (P11,200) -- computed at P14,000 less 20 percent PWD discount.
5) Trainee shall be responsible for miscellaneous costs such as, but not limited to, uniform, lunch and snacks, and transportation.
6) Trainee shall participate in interviews, tests and surveys, as required by Stepping Stone, the ASP or a potential employer.
7) Trainees and their families shall grant permission for the photos and videos taken during the conduct of the training to be used by Stepping Stone or the ASP for educational, promotional or advocacy purposes.
Those interested in enrolling in the program, but do not qualify for the scholarship criteria, may contact Stepping Stones directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This who are interested and qualify for the scholarship may email their resumes to email@example.com with the email subject "BARISTA TRAINING: Name of Trainee". Adults with autism applying for the program and his/her parent will be screened and interviewed after Holy Week.